Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Books!

My new knitting books finally came in the mail today. I ordered them last week from Amazon and have been stalking their website ever since to see when they would ship. This proved mildly frustrating for a few reasons. The first being that my total came to $24.99 - a mere penny short of free shipping. So I looked for something else order that would cost less than paying for shipping. C has been wanting to grow sunflowers so I ended up getting some seeds. This is where frustration number two kicked in - the seeds shipped first. Don't get me wrong, it will be fun to start on our garden but they weren't the point of my order. Frustration part three was the books originated from my hometown but took the longest to arrive. Oh well, in the grand scheme of things this is definitely not important!

My newest knitting obsession is with toys so I ordered The Big Book of Knitted Monsters and Itty Bitty Toys.






I'm really excited about some of the patterns in here. I'd love to make the stacked boxes for J (he still gets a kick out of things being knocked over). I'm also planning on making the bear for my niece and the puppets for my mom's classroom. I 'd like to make the hippo too, even though I do not have a recipient in mind.






I haven't decided what I'm making out of here yet, but I figured it would be a good book to make things for the boys. I'm leaning towards the mommy and baby monsters and the garden monster but I plan to make them all eventually.

The bad thing about getting the books is now I have a major case of startitis! Hmmmm what should I pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment