It's Monday and that means it's time to remember all of the things I have been blessed with. Gretchen at He Sows and She Sews started a blog party on Mondays as a day to remember the blessings in our lives. Mondays can get a lot of people down, so it's a good day to focus on the bright side. So this is what stood out to me this week:
- A loving and affectionate husband. I love him more than I could ever express
- A very intelligent four year old. The chats we have as we are going through the bedtime routine melt my heart. Plus lately he has been into reading Bible stories before bed, which is cool.
- An energetic one year old. He's very into exploring the world around him. It's fun seeing the world through his eyes, since it's all so new. There is a pure joy that we all seem to lose as we get older.
- My parents. I didn't realize this as I was growing up but they are actually Superman and Superwoman. They manage to balance taking care of my grandparents and still giving their kids and grandkids attention, in addition to the normal everyday grind of life. If I'm half as good of a parent as they are, then I'm doing a good job.
- Rain. It's been ridiculously hot (I know - July, Phoenix, big shock) but yesterday we got a very refreshing rain! Plus my sunflowers also got a nice soaking.
Check out He Sows and She Sews for more blessings!