Saturday, July 23, 2011

Knit along Part 3

I finished the third clue of the mystery knit along today. The designer was right - this week definitely took the longest. This week was all about making the arms and legs. I also learned a new cast on method, the knit cast on. So now I know two ways of doing it (still want to learn the long tail method). Here are my animal's arms and legs:



The last step will be the finishing details. I still have to sew the pieces and stuff the critter. I can't wait until he is done!

C and I also started the garden today. We are beginning with sunflowers - they are supposed to be pretty hardy. We went to Home Depot yesterday and got our pots and soil. I need to go back and get more soil; I only had enough for two pots. C was so funny the store. He kept asking me about the oil we would need for the flowers. Also to him every yellow flower is a sunflower. Hopefully ours go well and we can try more challenging plants.




No comments:

Post a Comment