Saturday, July 2, 2011

Busy day

Today was an exhausting day! E unfortunately had to work most of the day, so I was trying to figure out how to keep C and J entertained. Shouldn't be too hard - I mean it was only 118 outside today. Yeah, so I pretty much had to scrap any ideas of playing outside. Lately we've been letting them play outside for the last hour before bed, once the sun has started to set and the heat subsides a bit. Not even a possibility today.

I decided to put together my new end tables. I'm very weird in the fact that I like to put together furniture so E usually lets me have free reign over these projects and I call him in for backup when I can't lift something. Since they were just end tables I figured I could manage them on my own. I let the boys use their imaginations with the styrofoam packaging while I assembled the end tables. Wow did they make a mess in my living room but at least the tables looked nice.
2011-07-02_16-03-19_63

Here's J investigating the drawers
2011-07-02_16-02-13_176

The boys also got to go over to grandma's today and make t-shirts for the 4th of July. The idea behind them is really cool. The kids put star stickers and masking tape all over the shirts and then blotted them with fabric paint. When they dry the stickers and tape are pulled off to make the designs.
2011-07-02_14-12-33_137

We also went out for Frozen yogurt today. I think that was my favorite part of the day. We went to one of those places where they charge you by weight and you can add whatever topping you like. I love to mix two or three different flavors with lots of toppings. Yum!

Hopefully tomorrow won't be as nuts and I really hope it cools off soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment