Friday, June 17, 2011

New Year New Resolutions (Part 7)

Today I checked another item off of my New Year's Resolution list. I went out for sushi today. And no, it's not like the lame attempt at sushi that I blogged about in December. This was a legitimate attempt. And I liked it!

My coworkers and I went to a place downtown called Moira. I decided to dive right in and try the raw sushi instead of the cooked. I didn't go as far as getting sashimi but I did get nigiri. First I tried the Philly Roll. This was a good start as it had cream cheese in it which is a texture I like. So I think that made the first few bites less intimidating. It also had cucumber in it; I'm not the world's biggest cucumber fan but it went well with the roll. Then I moved on to the nigiri; I chose the tuna. It was really good. It sounds really stupid but I think the fact that I've had canned tuna made it not so surprising, even though the texture is very different.

In addition to the sushi, I also tried the Miso soup and seaweed salad that came with it. I wasn't crazy about the Miso soup but I don't think I was alone in that - a coworker mentioned that she has yet to find a really good miso in Arizona. I did, however, really enjoy the seaweeed salad. And it's low calorie too!

Sushi will definitely be on my list of things to eat again! Now if only I could convince E that fish is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment