Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vacation - Day 4

Today was the last full day of vacation. It's been fun but I'm kind of ready to get home and see my boys. We did have a fun time today though. Things were not too hectic as we were done with all the major tourist attractions. It was all about taking it easy today. Our first stop was the Air and Space Museum. Lots of neat planes especially the ones from WWII. We also saw the Apollo 9 landing craft.
2011-06-08_10-53-01_632

After that we went to the Museum of Champions. To be honest this was probably my least favorite thing. I really like most sports but this seemed kind of lame - there wasn't a whole lot to see. I did snap a few photos though, including a replica of one of the minor league fields.
2011-06-08_11-47-24_724

Then we grabbed a picnic lunch and took it to the beach. We went to Mission Beach again but this time went to the ocean side instead of one of the coves. Beautiful!
2011-06-08_12-53-44_991

Next was Boomers for a round of mini golf and then to Old Town for Italian food. Yummy!

On the knitting side of things I finally finished the green squares for the giant checkerboard. Woohoo!!!! Eight more squares and the thing is finally done. I have 10 days if I want to get it done by Fathers Day. I also finished off one practice slipper with the exception of seaming. Hopefully it fits!

No comments:

Post a Comment