Monday, June 20, 2011

Life's Little Blessings

I first started this blog when I was feeling a little down and struggling. There is so evil in the world and I was feeling discouraged. My husband suggested writing as a way to release some of that. The blog actually got it's title from the fact that I wanted to focus on some of the positives in my life - my kids, my hubby, my knitting and baking.

And it was good for a while. But lately I've been feeling unsettled again. Letting the doubts creep in.

Today I got a wake up call. My former Pastor's wife used to talk about the "I spy's" in life - the moments when God is speaking. Things that one might want to write off as coincidences even though they are more than that. My "I Spy" is about God's blessings. The author of a blog I read has issued a challenge (not sure if that's the right word but I can't think of anything better at the moment) for people to make note of the blessings in their lives. I thought about it but didn't do anything and ended up moving onto other things. Later when I was doing my Bible study the exact same theme came up! More than just a coincidence - I'm pretty sure I'm being reminded that there are a lot of blessings in my life.

So with that said, I am blessed in so many ways!
- I have a darling husband, who I just celebrated 10 years of marriage with. He keeps me focused and puts up with my mood swings.
- I have two wonderful little boys who amaze me with their curiosity.
- my parents and sisters live close by and I can see them all the time. So many people do not have that luxury.
- I have a roof over my head, food to eat.
- I have job. There are times when I feel like I'm just slogging through the day but in this economy, many would be grateful for even that.
That's just a start but it's a good reminder for me. Other people blogging about their blessings can be found by clicking here.
Also I've had a song stuck in my head today that I think is good for me to remember whenever I'm feeling down or alone.

Oh Protector of my soul You will stand against the foe
In the dark You'll be a light for me Oh Protector of my soul
You who created the ends of the earth Guided me unto Your throne
Offered Your healing hand to me Mercifully made me Your own

Oh gracious God above I could never earn Your love
I'm amazed to see all You've given me Oh gracious God above
You who created the ends of the earth Guided me unto Your throne
Offered Your healing hand to me Mercifully made me Your own

Oh Holy Spirit come Show the world where life comes from
May they always see You alive in me Oh Holy Spirit come

2 comments:

  1. O, that song brought me to tears this morning. What a beautiful devotion you have given me. Thank you so much for posting. It's funny how when we praise God, he takes that and transforms us into a blessing to others. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, if you swing by my blog today, you'll see you won the purse giveaway that was part of the first "I'm Blessed" post. Congratulations, and if you'll email me where to ship it at garonnevik at yahoo dot com, I'll pop it in the mail for you. Thank you so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete