Friday, September 23, 2011

New Year New Resolutions (Part 14)

One of the items on my resolutions list was to try a new veggie. I'm not a big vegetable fan - I pretty much only eat salads, carrots, green beans and corn. I also like artichoke hearts, asparagus and celery but don't eat those as often. So i figured it was important to include it.

So today I decided to try beets. To be honest the only reason I tried them was because of this list. Beets just do not look appealing to me. I think it's the color.

Anyways...I went to a restaurant called Copper Blues tonight with some coworkers. The place is amazing; the decor is very warm toned and classy. They have a wide selection of beers on tap plus a few appetizers. A fellow coworker decided to order candied beets in a mascarpone cheese and she let me sample one. Gotta say it wasn't all that good to me. But at least I tried something new.

Now I just need to get cracking on the rest of the resolutions. Three months to go in the year and I've only done 14 of the 29 goals. Eeep!



No comments:

Post a Comment