Sunday, September 4, 2011

Italian chicken

Last night I checked another item off of my resolutions list - I found something new to cook this month. I knew I was going to use chicken for dinner but I was tired of the same way of cooking it so I marinated it. Such a simple recipe!

First I poked holes in my chicken breast so the would really absorb the marinade. (Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post. I had a toddler that would not be put down while I was cooking.) Then I added a little salt and a lot of pepper to the chicken. Everything went into a gallon sized ziplock bag and I poured in half a bottle of Italian dressing. The next step was the easiest - let it sit in the fridge for two hours. Once it was done marinating I added some olive oil to my cast iron skillet and turned the burner to medium. I sautéed the chicken until it was golden brown on both sides. It paired really well with the cheesy flat bread I picked up at Costco that day.

The verdict: I really liked it. It was a little sweet but a nice way of cooking the chicken differently. E said it was good but prefers the other way I cook chicken more. Now here's the strange part - C actually tried it and J wouldn't. Total switch from the norm! Overall I think I will add this to my list of dinner ideas.

On a totally unrelated note, I joined Pinterest on Friday. I'm still getting the hang of how it works but I can see already that it's going to be totally addicting. I've already found two new ideas for my house!



1 comment:

  1. I love Pinterest... it just another way to avoid doing all those pesky errands! It gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete