Monday, September 12, 2011

Family Blessings

I'm linking up with Gretchen's I'm Blessed party over at He Sows and She Sews today. One of the biggest blessings in my life this week has been spending lots of time with my family. E and I lucked out - we both had family in town this weekend.

Both of E's parents had birthdays this weekend and his mom's birthday was a milestone one too! So we all got together at my BIL's house to celebrate. Four of E's aunts and his grandmother came over - all from out of town. It was a great time of family, food and fun!

Here's J enjoying some yummy Mexican food.


C ran around playing with his cousins...


...and also enjoyed a little down time with a video game


Here's E and J with the birthday gal! (sorry the lighting is so crummy - it was getting dark outside)


Even if the party was the only thing that happened, the weekend would have been great. But we were also blessed with more family with my grandma visiting from out of state. So yesterday we went over to my mom's house to visit with everyone.

Here's J outside enjoying the cooler weather (finally!)


Here's C and one of his cousins


The kids also got a little silly with some costumes






Their grandpa had to join in the fun too!


We also managed to get a nice picture of the kids!


What a great (busy) weekend! I also realize that I am so lucky to be in my thirties and still have three grandparents around! And my kids still have four great grandparents. What a blessing to have family!

No comments:

Post a Comment