Sunday, August 7, 2011

Roasted Red Potatoes

I've been doing pretty good on my New Years Resolution list, except for one area - the new dishes. So far I've only hit three of seven months. So I was very excited to try something new tonight.

Every couple of months E and I have sausage and red potatoes for dinner. I boil both items, which is all well and good, but it's a tad boring. Tonight I decided to try roasting the potatoes. I really wish I had tried this sooner. This was a hit with the entire family, an amazing accomplishment! Even C had some (he thinks they are French fries). Originally he told me he didn't want to eat them because they were red potatoes but he eventually had some. I also decided to throw some baby carrots on the pan with them.

These were super easy to make. First I cut the potatoes into quarters - the bigger ones were then sliced again. Next I dumped in a 1/4 cup of olive oil into a gallon sized zip lock bag and then added pepper and salt. Then came the potatoes and the whole bag was shaken and the contents were dumped back on the pan. Then i added the carrots to the bag and shook them up. Everything was roasted in the oven at 400 for 25 minutes. (I have a convection oven - standard would be 425 for half an hour). They turned out great. I'm already thinking of other seasonings I can add. Hmmm what should I try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment