Monday, August 8, 2011

Family Blessings

Wow it's already Monday again! Every Monday Gretchen at He Sows and She Sews reminds everyone to count their blessings in life. The biggest blessing in my life this week was my family.

It was an adventurous week for me. I was crazy busy at work, working lots of extra hours. Since I was running late I went straight to my knitting group meeting on Wednesday. It was storming outside and the lights flickered a few times while I was there. What I didn't realize was that the power poles on the street leading to my neighborhood had toppled and my house was without power. My parents were such a blessing to me - they let us stay at their house that night. My mom says any parent would have done the same thing but I still really appreciate it! She also watched the boys when I got stuck really late at work on Thursday. (It was crazy - I left for work at 7:30 Wednesday morning and got home Thursday night at 10 since I went straight to my mom's house from knit night.)

E was also a big blessing on Wednesday. Since I was at knit night and oblivious to everything happening outside, he coordinated everything with my mom. He even picked out clothes for me to wear to work on Thursday (and it was a cute outfit!)

Another blessing was I also got to spend some time with my dad on Saturday. We had a chance to go up to Cardinals training camp. I hardly ever get to hang with my dad anymore so this was awesome! Lots of great conversation on the way to Flagstaff plus some football fun.

I have been really blessed with the family God gave me! They bring me immeasurable joy. For other blessings hop on over to He Sows and She Sews.




No comments:

Post a Comment