Friday, April 15, 2011

New Year New Resolutions (Part 5)

As I mentioned in a previous post, I taught myself to knit in the round so I could complete a secret project. Well now I can discuss it - it was a project for E's birthday. I'm 99% positive he doesn't read this blog but I didn't want to risk it. E is a huge tech geek, who loves to listen to podcasts, read tech blogs and analyze why certain products are better than others. A while back on one of this blogs someone posted a picture of a crocheted Android. Hubby sent it to me and asked me to make him one - unfortunately I don't crochet. So I covertly went on Ravelry and did a pattern search for a knitted version. There was a very cute little droid but he was knit in the round. So I taught myself how to do it. Here's the finished project - E loved it!

It seemed really intimidating at first but once I got the hang of it, it wasn't too bad. It also has opened up a whole new set of patterns that I previously glossed over soley because they were constructed in the round.

No comments:

Post a Comment