Friday, March 4, 2011

New Skill

I'm so excited- I figured out how to knit in the round. I had wanted to learn for a while but didn't think I could figure it out. Going from two needles to four or five seemed really tough. Two things finally prompted me to get my butt in gear. The first was my list of resolutions. I had wanted to expand my knitting ability and this seemed like a good way to increase the amount of patterns I would be capable of following. The other reason was a specific project I wanted to create. (More on that in a future post but for now I'm going to stay secretive).
I decided to teach myself during my previous vacation. I knew I had to find some time to myself to totally get it. I tried casting on a handful of stitches then joining but wasn't having much luck. So I tried knitting a few rows straight then joining, which seemed to work better. Now that I've done it a few times I think I can join on the first round without twisting. I am currently working on a hat with Caron Simply Soft. If it comes out okay I will give it to a friend who just had a baby. Hopefully I can post a picture of the work in progress soon but I haven't had the best lighting for pics lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment