Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Year New Resolutions (Part 4)

I made my new dish for February today. I tried a chicken crockpot recipe. It combined chicken, carrots, onions, celery with white wine and chicken stock. A little bit of flour was thrown into thicken it. I simmered it on high for one hour and then turned it down for three more hours. Cream and peas were added at the end. I also cut back on the salt recommended in the dish and it was plenty flavorful anyway. I loved it, J liked it, E ate it and C refused to try it. I will probably make it again but not really often since I got mixed family reactions.
What I will be making again are the drop biscuits that went with it. Never made them before but they were easy. They tasted pretty good even though I forgot salt so I'm sure it will be great with it. Everyone liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment