Friday, February 11, 2011

God, nature and symmetry

I went to a lecture today on how to effectively present data and information. So what does this have to do with the title of the post? Well the symmetry part is a little bit easier to understand. Good charts and graphs have some symetrical balance most of the time. So the professor pointed out that the journal Nature has many good graphical examples. Seems that the environmental world around us has many patterns and beautiful symmetry. It got me thinking about how amazing God is - it gave me goosebumps! He is able to design this world full of patterns and balance and it's no coincidence. I'm glad he was able to use something like a lecture to speak to me. It seems like whenever I get into a funk (and I've been kind of feeling that way lately), God will show me his awesomeness. Thank you God for showing me!

1 comment:

  1. If you never have, you should read "A Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel. The whole book is basically about finding God in nature. I read it at a time when I was really struggling with my faith and it gave me the link between science and the supernatural I needed to renew my belief in Him.

    ReplyDelete