Friday, January 14, 2011

I think I'm going to be baking...

I perusing some of my favorite blogs - even though I'm not much of a chef I find myself graviting towards cooking blogs - and found a recipe for lemon pound cake. Here's the thing, I love lemon desserts. I will almost always pick chocolate over any dessert but if something lemon is an option the decision gets a lot harder. I love the lemon cookies at Paradise Bakery, my mom's lemon bars, Starbuck's lemon pound cake, you get the idea. So something tells me I will be attempting a new recipe this weekend. I had some luck before with quick breads of this sort; I made two dozen pumpkin loaves the first week of December. What will make this better is I will actually like this one (yes I made the pumpkin bread even though I don't like it. I had received a pumpkin and didn't know what else to do with it so I made the bread for a cookie exchange). Wish me luck with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment