Sunday, April 8, 2012

Gummi candy!

I wanted to make some treats for Easter and I have some really cute bunny and chick molds so I decided to make some gummi candies. I found a good recipe from Skip to My Lou. It's so simple - just three ingredients! To make them all you need is a box (3 oz size) of flavored jello, two envelopes of unflavored gelatin (1/4 oz each) and 1/3 cup water. Add the water to a small sauce pan. Add in the gelatin and stir gently until it is mixed in. The mixture will have the consistency of jelly at this point.

 

Let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Put the pan over medium heat and stir for 2-5 minutes until the mixture is liquid - no lumps! (All four of my batches barely took two minutes.) Let it cool for a minute and then pour into the molds.
After 20 minutes remove them from the molds. They pop right out! I did dust just a tiny bit of powdered sugar on the backs before I pulled them out to make them less sticky. The gummies absorb most of it but they still ended up sticky and they tasted the same.
I made strawberry, orange and lime. I think the strawberry was my favorite. Yummy!

Check out Wayward Weekend and I heart Naptime for other great crafts.

 

1 comment: