Meet Sparky. The pattern is Dot the Dress up Monster from Rebecca Danger's Big Book of Knitted Monsters. (My Ravelry project page is here). I used acrylic so hopefully it will hold up to a four year old's love. C even gave his input on what the mouth should look like and I made it out of felt. The eyes were done with a spider web embroidery technique. I think the boys would be okay if I used safety eyes - they are pretty far past the chewing on everything phase - but I'd rather not take the chance yet.
This was my first time doing one of the patterns that required knitting the legs to the body in one piece (especially because I use DPNs not magic loop). Overall I'm happy with how it turned out.