Friday, March 9, 2012

Knitter's Block

Earlier this week I was suffering from knitter's block (like writer's block but for knitters). I had finished up the monster I was working on for C and the only thing I had on the needles at the moment was a hat. The hat is a really nice pattern - Hurricane; the pattern is easy so the project is portable but it looks good at the same time. The only problem was I don't feel like knitting a hat right now. I would bring the project with me when I went places so I would have something to work on. Yet not a single stitch was added to the hat.

 

So I decided to start something new to get over the block. I know a lot of knitters have more than one project at a time but I tend to be a fairly monogamous knitter. I don't know why but I hate having something incomplete sitting on my shelf. Hopefully it won't drive me crazy to have multiple projects going.

 

I decided that since I have three coworkers who are pregnant and due within 6 weeks of each other, I would start working on something for each of them. My idea is to give them each a kid's book with a stuffed animal to go with it. I've started with a Caterpillar (to go with The Very Hungry Caterpillar). I think I will do a bear (like the one I did for my niece) to go with Brown Bear, Brown Bear. I'm stuck on what to do for the third one but I've got time to figure that out.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! How about a hen or fox to go with Rosies Walk? Do you know that one? it's a lovely book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with it - I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete