I finished my nephew's blanket yesterday! I actually had quite a bit more yarn leftover than I originally thought I would. Surprisingly the ribbon border was where I had the problem. I used almost all of it - I had about an inch leftover.
It's hard to tell from the picture but I used a brown ribbon with white stitching on it. I love those two colors together! Hopefully my nephew will get a lot of use out of it but I think it's going to be a little while before I feel like doing a blanket again.
My next project is going to be hats. One of my favorite radio stations, Air1, is partnering with an organization called Cure International to provide knit hats to Afghanistan children. I hope to get at least a couple of hats done before the deadline of February 15th.