Saturday, May 21, 2011

The big 3-0

I turned 30 this week.

Yikes!!!!!

Okay now that I have that out of my system...it was a pretty nice day. I went and painted pottery like I usually do. I also got a couple of hours of knitting in, which is good since I was under a time constraint (more on that later). My parents also took me out to lunch - I thought it was really sweet of them to do that. The most amazing part of my day though was my birthday cake! My sister made me cupcakes. But these were no ordinary cupcakes; they were shaped like skeins of yarn with fondant used to make the wrapper. She also dipped wheat sticks in chocolate and put smarties on the end to look like the needles. Absolutely amazing! She is ridiculously talented.

cupcakes

On the knitting side of things I ran into a few issues. I found out the baby shower for my friend was this weekend so I didn't have nearly the amount of time I thought I would to finish the blanket. I tried really hard to get it done but by Wednesday I knew I was sunk and wasn't going to finish. At my knitting group that night someone suggested doing a hat instead. I wish I had thought to switch sooner and I probably would have had time to do some booties too. As it was I was bagging up the hat just 45 minutes be fore the shower. But at least it's cute. It's the same pattern as the green hat I posted before but with a flower embellishment on it. I used some bright pink yarn I got for my birthday (see mention of awesome sister above - she also got me real yarn to match the cake!)

2011-05-21_12-42-35_397

Now I don't know what to do about the blanket. I'm on square 14 of 15 but the question is do I still give it to her when the baby is born or do I keep it in reserve for another friend? On the plus side I can hibernate it for a little while either way since I'm so sick of looking at the thing right now. I've got to get cracking to finish E's Father's Day gift anyways. Luckily I have some major free time coming up in the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment