Saturday, April 27, 2013

My favorite things - 4kcbwday6

Today's topic for Knit and Crochet blog week was the easiest one for me so far - talk about a favorite tool. When I saw this prompt the first thing that sprung to my mind were my Hiya Hiya steel double points. They are my first (and only so far) pair of nicer needles. I ended up getting them when I discovered that when it comes to socks I knit too loosely on a Size 2 and too tightly on Size 1s. Rather than needed to do math just to knit a pair of socks, I went on the hunt for Size 1.5s.

I settled on these for a few reasons: the cheap needles from Joann's don't come in that size, I have a sensitivity to nickel and I'm not a fan of wooden needles. So the Hiya Hiyas were the logical choice. I have to say I really enjoy them; they are just plain fun to knit with. Sock knitting is addicting enough - these needles are the icing on the cake. Next step is to get them in other sizes too.

Aren't they beautiful?!

I have a couple of other favorite tools too. My MIL gave me a tabletop Ott light for Christmas this year and I love it. Especially for my current WIP, a dark grey cardigan. The light really amplifies my stitches. My other favorite tool is a little simpler; it's my needle sizer. I can't believe I didn't get one sooner, but as I've begun using circulars more than straights and using DPNs all the time it's become quite necessary. Truthfully I'm rather disorganized with my needles. I have them all mixed together in one bin. This tool makes my life immensely easier.

Google 4kcbwday6 to see other knitters and crocheters favorite tools.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment