Friday, January 24, 2014

Fingerless gloves

After so many gift knits recently, I decided to knit something for myself. I'm still working on my Serina cardigan sometimes but it's slow going. So I wanted something that was a little more instant gratification. I decided to make a pair of fingerless gloves. Full gloves aren't used very often in Arizona but my office gets so cold that I figured fingerless gloves would be useful there, allowing me to have fingers free to type easily but keep my hands warm.

It was easy for me to settle on the yarn. When we went to Iowa this summer I picked up one skein fingering weight yarn. There's no nylon in it so I was looking for a non sock pattern. Plus this will make me smile at the office when I see vacation yarn on my hands. Also it gave me a chance to play with this bad boy:

E got me a swift and winder for Christmas and this was my first time playing with it.

I had a harder time deciding on the pattern since there are so many cute ones out there. I ended up settling on Mitt Envy, which has a cute cabling detail on it. I modified it slightly to give it a little more length by adding a few extra rows of ribbing and an extra repeat of the pattern.

These were such a quick knit, taking me a little less than two weeks to finish. (It would have taken even less time if I had started the right mitt instead of a second left one. Lost about a night's work for that one.) can't wait to wear these!

For more finished objects check out Tami's Amis!

 

1 comment:

  1. I have definitely made two left hand mittens before. So frustrating! They are so pretty. I love the fun colors!

    ReplyDelete