Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. C

Sometimes I swear my son is a new version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde  Or maybe he has an identical twin that looks just like him but has a completely different personality. Or (and this is the most likely scenario) maybe he is four. It seems to be the only way I can explain why he behaves the way he does.

Yesterday this split personality behavior was on full display. C had been sassy and sacastic and nothing was getting through to him. Then all of the sudden it was "I love you mom" with kisses. A short time later the sassy child came back, as he was mean to his brother and very disrespectful to me. It went like this, back and forth, all the way to bedtime.

Yesterday I was frustrated. It's hard to deal with when you don't know what to expect. Today I am seeing it a little more clearly - right now he is emerging from the terrible twos/trying threes into someone who can articulate what he needs. It's hard, but we'll get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment