Friday, September 28, 2012

FO Friday (and I have something to share!)

It's Friday and I actually have a finished object to share! My dinosaur is finally finished.

The pattern is Terrence the Tap Dancing T-Rex from Rebecca Danger. He was done on size 1 needles in sock yarn I picked up from Joann's when they had their massive clearance sale a while back. The construction is so interesting - only the arms and legs are sewn on at the end. He was pretty easy to knit and I appreciated not having to do too much sewing. I did embroider his eyes and mouth though because he is going to be a baby gift. I plan on giving him to a coworker with a copy of Dinosaur versus Bedtime.

I still need one more stuffed animal in the next six weeks or so. (Why are so many people due at the same time!?) However I put toy knitting aside for my next project; I'm knitting Christmas stockings for each of my grandparents. I'm using a chart for the first time so wish me luck!

For more finished objects, check out Tami's Amis!


Friday, September 21, 2012


I've been slacking a little on the blog updates - I can't believe it's been two weeks. Things are busy at work and of course the boys always keep me on my toes. I have managed to snap a few pictures highlighting some of our everyday life though.

I got a new stapler for my desk...

...and a new lamp too! For some reason I'm way too excited about these items.

Somehow in the last few weeks J has started to lose the toddler look and is starting to look like a big kid.

I love this photo of him!
C is still so creative. So far we've had story time (this was the cast of characters)...

...interesting potato head characters...

...and Buzz Lightyear trying to get out of a precarious position.

One more picture - I thought this was beautiful and just had to show it off.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

My dinosaur is still coming along and is now to the point where he actually looks like a dinosaur (as evidenced by my two year old picking him up and roaring). I actually had to try something new for this project. I had to knit part of three rows on waste yarn so I could pick up the stitches for his tail. Aside from making a total mess of the waste yarn as I was pulling it out, it went pretty well. I do have a few places where the stuffing is showing through that will need to be stitched up but the tail is safely attached. I almost wish I had picked up a few extra stitches to take care of the issue though.

Now I've moved on to the limbs. One thing I didn't take into account when I started the dinosaur is that pattern on the yarn meant that I would need to start each arm and each leg at the same point in the yarn so they match. Ooops! But I think I'm back on track now.

In addition to the dinosaur, I've started on my cardigan. It's a gorgeous pattern called Serina and I'm using my Joann clearance yarn. Okay well started on may be a bit generous. So far I've purchased the pattern and I'm actually swatching before I start. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have moved onfrom the swatch and have the actual cardigan started.

For more projects, checkout Tami's Amis!